Koreshan Native Plant Nursery
The native plant nursery at Koreshan State Park is a partnership between the Koreshan State Park, Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program (CHNEP), Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF) Native Landscapes and Garden Center and the Coccoloba Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society. This fully-licensed nursery will provide plants for Koreshan State Park, various outreach events such as classes, workshops and native plant sales. It also will be used for hands-on propagation workshops and training.
- We conduct a native plant sale EVERY SUNDAY at Koreshan from 8-1. This is a great way to learn about native plants and to share your passion.
- We also have two permits to handle and propagate native plants at the park. We monitor two different endangered, endemic native milkweed populations on park property. We also protect and propagate giant air plants and cardinal air plants. That means measuring and taking pictures of these endangered plants and logging data into spreadsheets.
- Volunteers can maintain our native plantings on property. This includes watering, weeding and planting.
- We also make frequent plant buying and pick ups. Most of these pickups are at SCCF Native Landscapes and Garden Center on Sanibel. It's always a real treat to head out here and visit the fine people at that nursery.
- Not interested in physical activity? Why not help us create signage and promotional material?